Africa TESOL 3rd International Conference
May 4-6, 2018
FASTEF, Dakar, Senegal
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Africa TESOL Conference Proposals Committee is delighted to invite you to submit a proposal to its Africa TESOL 3rd Annual International Conference to be held in Dakar, Senegal on May 4-6, 2018 at the Faculty of the Sciences and Technologies of Education and Training (FASTEF). Proposals for papers, panel discussions, workshops, app sharing, and teaching ideas/tips are expected to address the conference theme: Expanding Networks, Overcoming Challenges and/or one of the sub-themes below.
· Learner/Teacher Identity
· Motivating and Managing Classes
· Mixed Ability and Classroom Management
· Learner/Teacher Autonomy
· English for Young Learners
· Technology: Assets and Limits.
· Limited Resource Context Teaching
· Material Design and Implementation
· Curriculum Development
· Good Practices in Teacher Association Empowerment
· English or Globish?
· Language Testing and Assessment
· Classroom Practice and Real Life Needs
· Language Policies and Language Teachers Association
· Sustainability of Language Teachers Association
· Any other topic that has relevance to the conference theme
Proposal Deadline: January 15, 2018
Acceptance Notification: February 15, 2018
Presenter Confirmation: March 15, 2018
Pre-Conference Institute: May 4, 2018
Conference Dates: May 5-6, 2018
Cheikh Anta Diop University
University of Ottawa
As sessions vary in format, presenters are advised to select their session format and the appropriate sub-theme. The conference will, in addition, be designed to provide lots of networking opportunities that will last much longer than the conference as well as some social events/activities that will allow for more informal interactions among conference attendees, organizers, presenters, and exhibitors.
Paper Presentations are based on research, theory, concepts, and practices. They are 20 minutes long + 10 minutes Q&A.
Panel Discussions are forums for discussing themes or other relevant language education topics within a small group. The sessions are 45 minutes long + 15 minutes Q&A.
Workshop Sessions are interactive sessions with emphasis on group collaborations. They are 60 minutes long.
Teaching Tips/App sharing Sessions provide useful information, ideas and tips for teaching and learning. These sessions are 20 minutes long.
Guidelines for Proposal Submission
- Proposals MUST be submitted through the online proposal submission form at https://www.africatesol.org/proposal-conference-2018
- Titles should be 10 words or less.
- Abstract should be limited to 50 words only.
- The session description in the proposal submission form must be between 200 and 300 words.
- Acronyms and/or abbreviations other than EFL,ESL, TESOL should be spelled out.
The deadline for proposal submissions is January 15, 2018.
Evaluation of Proposals
All proposals will be peer reviewed by Africa TESOL based on the following criteria
1. Focus and organization
2. Direct relevance to the conference theme and sub-themes
3. Clarity, coherence, and originality of the proposal
4. Theory/practice and/or research contribution
To submit a proposal please complete the online proposal submission form which can be found at https://www.africatesol.org/proposal-conference-2018
Any submissions that do not adhere to the guidelines or are sent as e-mail attachments will NOT be accepted.
General questions about the conference and Senegal can be directed to the Conference Chair Mouhamadou Diouf at email@example.com More information about the conference can also be obtained at https://www.africatesol.org/node/39